|1. behind in place or position; following behind: men lining up one after the other.
2. later in time than; in succession to; at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
3. subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
|1. the quality of being ancient; ancientness: a bowl of great antiquity.
2. ancient times; former ages: the splendor of antiquity.
3. the period of history before the Middle Ages.
4. the peoples, nations, tribes, or cultures of ancient times.